Have you ever found yourself bumping into the Great Wall of Fear and winding up in The Place of I Don’t Know? When you are on your journey from the Wastelands of Familiar to the Land of More Than Enough; you have to cross the Desert of Change into the Land of the Unknown.
Now asking yourself, “Can I make this journey or should I go back to the Wastelands of Familiar?” You are now shook to the core with a resounding “I don’t know! Your guide is and has always been God—Just pray. In this place of doubt your prayer should be “Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.” (Psalm 143:8 NKJV)
Sometimes it is a good thing to be outside the mainstream walking in a different direction with the eyes of faith. Especially when your vision is so gigantic that it has to be manifested by God Himself. You must understand faith is the bass note that anchors everything else around you. Faith can transform you from the place you are into a place of extreme blessing! All you need to know is that God is with you and not lose focus. You can easily lose your focus into fear if you allow the enemy to dismember your identity in the midst of the chaos; by sowing lying seeds through whispers in your spiritual ear. Command your mind to shut its mouth.
No matter the problems we can overcome…
God desires we walk in wisdom, understanding and assurance. With the confidence that He is with us. No matter the problems we can overcome and walk through to the other side. The Apostle Paul writes, “The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:9 NKJV)
Here are four examples of those who chose to walk outside the mainstream to find the greater blessing and the God of peace was with them.
- Zacchaeus climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see Jesus, since he was coming that way. When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately, for I must stay at your house today.” Although a tax collector; a sinful and greedy man—because he got Jesus’ attention he was able to receive him into his home and was converted. (Luke 19:1-9 NKJV)
- The Syrophoenician woman would not keep silent until here daughter was healed. (Matthew 15:21-28 NKJV)
- A certain woman with an issue of blood for twelve long years, went against religious doctrine and people’s opinions. Because of her faith determined received what doctors could not do—healed and made whole. (Matthew 9:20-22 NKJV)
- A man sick with palsy, friends had to think outside the box. to get him in the presence of the LORD. He was healed because Jesus saw their faith. (Mark 2:4-12 NKJV)
- Blind Bartimaeus was sitting on the side of the road begging. When he heard Jesus of Nazareth was coming by he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” The more the crowd told him to be quiet the more he cried out. Until the LORD beckoned him to be brought before him and restored his sight. (Mark 10:46-52 NKJV)
The commonality of these five instances: they were desperate and did whatever they had to do to get the LORD’s attention. Which is what we have to do—-get desperate to get the LORD’s attention. Desperate times require desperate measures. We may have to change our prayer posture. We may have to cry out calling on his name. Knowing that when we call upon his name he will answer.(Psalm 91:14-15 NKJV)
Now you know exactly where you are…
Godly sorrow leads to repentance, which leads to correction by the hand of God; taking you onto a different path so you can walk no other way. Now you know exactly where you are, and The Place of I Don’t Know is a memory conquered through the vast experiences of your trials. Anyone who stays on the old path going nowhere needs God’s strength and courage to change directions.
What you will find is being in The Place of I Don’t Know put you right in the presence of God. And in that place of humility and hunger the Greater One in you came forth with a stronger faith knocking down that Great Wall of Fear.
The change you just made was not chronological or geographical, but psychological. You can now execute your thoughts unhindered in order to see your manifest destiny. And in case you were still wondering, The Place of I Don’t Know is always in the middle of your journey.
© Rhema International. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author and/or owner, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rhema International.