You are so welcome! And thank you for stopping by. Be and stay blessed!
by Oral Roberts
Ever since I was a child I always desired to have the ability to heal—just like Jesus. Not for personal gain but for the gaining of souls for the Kingdom of God. It was just so amazing; the miracles Jesus performed, making wine out of water, healing a withered hand, feeding a multitude with five loaves and two fish, raising Lazarus from the dead and so many other miracles just too numerous to mention. Then after His ascension, the disciples did likewise. We know that Jesus brought heaven to earth in His being as “He was either on His way to heal, He was there delivering the captive, or He had just left and the captive was up and rejoicing in the abundant life he had received.”— That is how the writer describes the “Great Physician” in his book If You Need Healing Do These Things. (pg. 16)
In his Introduction, Pastor Roberts gives his own testimony of how he’d been bedridden with tuberculosis and many laymen and pastors had prayed over him with no results. But he was not reached until somebody spoke just seven little words to him, “Oral, God is going to heal you.” Roberts writes, “this was why I was saved and healed. Someone gave me hope. Someone told me that God was on my side, that He wanted to make me well again. God did heal me! And He commanded me to take this message of deliverance to my generation.” He further defines his terminology of healing as not just applicable to the physical aspects of a person but explains Jesus looked upon healing as touching the whole man. He taught that when the spirit is out of harmony with God or out of harmony with people, it affects the body. Jesus saw people in disharmony with themselves, with their society, and with God; and He touched them at the point of their need.
He then walks you through a little story called A Legend of the Cross, a familiarity, yet inspiring and insightful. Then he takes you to A Dialogue With Christ for Your Healing, which is an imaginary trip to heaven where you present your case for healing to Jesus. I will allow your imagination to marinade on that. And not revealing the spoiler—will simply say it’s not what you think. One emphasized note is Remember, healing is the children’s bread. You have no right to healing until you change and bring your life into harmony with His. Once you have changed your ways and received Christ, it is your heritage. Have faith and you can be healed. (pg. 27)
In the next chapter, he introduces Seven Rules of Faith You Can Use Today for Your Healing. He uses Naaman’s story of healing as an example and then gives you these points.
- Rule one: Recognize sickness and disease as the oppression of the devil – God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him (Acts 10:38).
- Rule two: Believe the message – Here emphasizing the message of God is more important than its messenger. A lot of times we judge the person giving the message instead of taking that message to our hearts, which is most important.
- Rule three: Go where the power is – God is everywhere present because He is omnipresent and omnipotent. His all-prevailing power is usable by the person who maintains right attitudes and whose faith creates an atmosphere conducive to divine deliverance.
- Rule four: Put your faith in God, not man – The person God has chosen to help you receive healing is an instrument only—the means to an end. Your deliverance is by faith in God and His power.
- Rule five: Accept the correction of God – When we accepts God’s correction, the Spirit of Christ enters us and we are a “new creature”—old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Rule six: Lose yourself – Losing ourselves in obedience to God, linking ourselves with the limitless power of Christ, getting in tune with the Savior—these are the things that count most when we seek to be healed through faith in God. Lose yourself. (Matthew 16:25.)
- Rule seven: Use a point of contact and become as you want to be – It could be a minister’s hand, a healing cloth or a dirty river. Don’t get caught up in what the point of contact is so long as it helps you release your faith.
In Chapter 4 Touching Christ to Be Made Whole. Pastor Roberts uses the story of the woman with the issue of blood going through those seven steps to receive her healing. (Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48) And in Chapter 5 Raise the Roof and Be Made Whole. Based on Luke’s account of the healing of the man with palsy. (Luke 5:17-26)
He then ends with You cannot get healed without getting a blessing for your soul. The same Christ who healed the palsied man’s afflictions also said to him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. (pg. 68)
All scripturally based. If You Need Healing Do These Things is 68 pages full of vital information concerning healing that will keep you from making grave mistakes, wash away pride, and disobedience; which are two major factors preventing us from a complete and total restoration. This book will reveal to you, The power of faith over spiritual, mental, and physical illnesses, How you can use your faith to achieve peace and happiness, The 7 rules of faith that bring you results, How to turn your faith loose and overcome fear and frustration. This is one book you most definitely need in your Spiritual Arsenal.
For a free copy click here.