In seeking ideas for this post; I went online and saw all kinds of articles on How to Make A Vision Board from Forbes to Good Housekeeping. A lot of you are probably saying, “With everything going on in the world today, how can I possibly design a vision board? My question to you is how can you not? Now is the greatest time in history for new Ideas! I like Isaac Asimov‘s take on it, “If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn’t brood. I’d type a little faster.” That’s the kind of determination one needs to find a vision and see it through to the end.
Then it ocurred to me; how do you find your vision in order to incorporate a vision board? In finding this vision you must know what it is—not think you know what it is. If you only think you know; you won’t stick to the premise and will fizzle out before you reach the finish line. And at the end of the year you will find yourself disappointed and feeling guilty. But when you know that you know…God is exalted in your knowing where you find the strength to complete the task. Because in this knowing you will find the real joy of the Lord, which is your true strength.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish…
There are two scriptures that come to mind as I write this post. The first, the King James Version says “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” (Proverbs 29:18) Whereas, the New King James Version says, “Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.” So in order to have a vision you must first have a prophetic revelation from God concerning your purpose as it relates to Kingdom business and your destiny. Don’t let your spiritual vision be blinded by the glare of what your physical eyes see. You must be disciplined according to spiritual law. Because God is a God of order. The scripture says, Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.(Psalm 1:1-3 NIV)
Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain
The second, Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. (Habakkuk 2:2 NKJV) Whereas, the New International Version reads, Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. Again, you need revelation from God so that when you write this vision whoever picks it up can understand it and keep it going. Let go and let God have his way. Not only will you find your way, but you will also find balance.
Notice in both interpretations you need revelation to receive a true and living vision. A true and living vision is one that God has breathed life into and cannot die. Then you can proceed to design or develop your vision board. And rest assured that if it is a vision from God it will outlive you and others can continue to carry on.
My vision board has fourteen points of which begin…TODAY is a brand new day. Reminding me that God’s mercies are new everyday. So if I am blessed enough to begin a new day — I am blessed enough to start a new beginning.
- Aspire For More – Greatness does not come from mediocrity; it comes from persistance and diligence.
- Take Chances – If you never try you will never know what could have been.
- Be Amazing – Be the exception not the standard. Thereby, exceeding all humanistic boundaries.
- Pursue Your Passion – The thing you love most that brings you joy and happiness.
- Believe – You have to believe in what you are doing. That must be the fuel for your motivation
- Have Fun – You need balance—a quality of life. In that balance you will find the joy you need.
- Be Brave – Never be afraid of a new experience or change. It is in the unknown we find that jewel.
- Never Give Up – Always remember slow and steady wins the race.
- Make A Difference – Whatever your project is incorporate hope for others in it.
- Work Hard – You will never reach your destiny resting on your laurels. Greatness will not just jump into your lap.
- Embrace Kindness – All humanity is not bad. There are still some who genuinely want to help you.
- Live Your Dream – Whatever God puts in your heart to do — do it to the Glory of God. Don’t let other people’s ideas of your dream lock you in a box.
- Love Well – Without compassion and love in the equation it simply will not work.
- Stay Strong – It is oftentime said, “When God closes one door, He opens the windows of heaven.” And sometimes He opens up the world! Perservere until that door or window open and praise Him while you wait.
What will your vision board say?
Until next week…Blessings and Peace.
© Rhema International. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author and/or owner, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rhema International.