Perhaps the writer just used the characters he thought would fit his writing analogies better. And Sandy just wasn't part…
I would like to share with you some of the reasons, I feel, writing is important. Since I began undertaking this journey, I never realized how important writing truly was—as it relates to establishing one’s platform. Writing, in this context, refers to anytime one picks up a pencil to scribble a thought, jot an idea, write a short poem, haiku or whatever your writing flavor is for the day. There are websites with everything from 7 reasons to 30 reasons why writing is important, but I only choose to use five and leave the rest for your imagination or investigation.
- Writing increases your imagination. By motivating creativity through training the mind to work outside normal daily parameters. Instead of sitting at your desk typing all day. Take a walk on the wild side and let your mind absord the motions around you. A writer is a mind of infinite creativity that flourishes in any environment nourishing that thought process for a specific moment in time. And this would most definitely require paying very close attention to the world–rather real or abstract.
- Writing helps to perfect you muscles. The storytelling skills of writers will always be the heart and soul of our societal vehicles no matter what. Whether you are a legend in your own mind as a writer or not. Your writing muscles are perfected each time you jot down your thoughts. Or by writing a line or two everyday gets you in the practice of persistance in creating a foundation for writing. This foundation becomes a springboard for your imagination and who knows, even a bestseller.
- Promotes good writing. Good writing skills not only aid in helping you write your very best, but also engrosses the reader from one paragraph to the next—as one hearbeat follows another. Thus leaving them wanting more instead of closing the chapter on you as an author.
- Increases you writing passion. The more you write, the more you will wnat to write. This consistancy develops a full blown passion or at the least, an affinity for writing. Then you will create because of passion and that passion will give you the momentum you need to keep pecking away using that fiery imagination. Before you know it, you’ll be a conquering writer. Yes, you will have conquered the depths of limitless ideas and emerged with the exciting breath of a masterpiece for all to see and read.
- Defines who and why you write. All good writers have a reason, or know why they write. This reason also defines who they are. Mary Karr, author of The Liar’s Club said, “I write to dream; to connect with other human beings; to record; to clarify; to visit the dead. I have a kind of primitive need to leave a mark on the world. Also, I have a need for money.”
In the final analysis, writing is important because it defines who we are, as communicators and influencers. Therefore, in order to be an efficient and effective communicator and influencer, whether writing blogs, books, plays or movie scripts; your writing must be exemplary.
Here are some other posts that may help to improve your writing skills.
- You Want To Be A Writer?
- How To Find Your Muse
- How To Keep Writing And Not Lose Your Mind
- 6 Quick Tips On How To Be A Great Content Writer
- Is Blogging For You?
Thank you for your continued support and readership. Until next week…Blessings and Peace!