So am I Bee so am I. Thank you so much for stopping by and your precious words of encouragement.…
Everyone in the SEO community is aware of the power of having an effective link-building strategy, but since recent updates at Google took place the playing field has changed. More emphasis is now being given to one-way incoming links and far less value for reciprocal links. The big question is: “How can I get a good crop of one-way links?”
Hands down this is the easiest way to write articles for publication on websites. Since webmasters are hungry for page content the principle is simple and it works. In return for giving webmasters free content, they agree to publish your profile, which contains a link to your website. Just how powerful this can be should not be underestimated, but there are guidelines that need to be deployed if you are to be successful. If you are a neophyte to article writing and wish to cash in on this invaluable technique, the guidelines are listed below.
…there will be guidelines at most of the article directories…
First and foremost, there will be guidelines at most of the article directories to which you wish to submit your article, read them, and comply. Otherwise, your article will be rejected and your time wasted.
A requirement of all article directories is that the submission should be grammatically correct and spell-checked. Many directories use human editors who reject articles with bad grammar or misspelled words. Avoid this by composing your article in MS Word with grammar and spell checking turned on, or use a software program like Grammarly or Komodo Edit.
- Keep paragraphs short. Research shows that people browsing the internet are turned off by large chunks of text. Oftentimes, short paragraphs will attract more webmasters to read and possibly publish your article.
- Never include tables or lists in your articles, some directories forbid it. Webmasters will format your article the way they want it anyway. For this same reason do not use bold or italic.
- Make sure the content you are writing is both informative and useful. Otherwise, why would anyone want to publish it? Also, write content that is correlated to the content of your site since your objective is to gain links to your website.
- Try creating an interesting title for your article. Something that clearly states what the article is about, but is also noteworthy. This distinguishes your article from the thousands of others on the same subject.
- By publishing articles on the internet you are establishing yourself as an expert on your chosen subject. Reflect this in your profile. Also, make sure you include a live link in your profile. The anchor text of this link should contain the major keywords for the page it is linking to.
Adopt these simple rules and you will be successful.
Earlier in this article, I recommended that you compose your article in a word processor, so that it could be grammar and spell checked. However, upon completion, your article should be copied and pasted into Notepad or a similar text editor. The rationale for this is when you copy from a word processor document you also copy hidden characters the article directories don’t want. Therefore, it is necessary for copying to a text-only editor making sure the word wrap is switched off. If word wrap is turned on the article will contain hard line breaks, which some directories will not accept.
Search the Internet for article directories and you will find many more. The more you submit to, the more success you will have.
Happy hunting…Now back to pecking those darn keys!
May the Blessings of the LORD be with you today and always. Thank you for your continued readership and support. Until next week ….Blessings and Peace!
© Rhema International, 2022. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author and/or owner, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rhema International.